## What is a Metadescription?
A metadescription is a short description of your page that appears in the search engine results page (SERP) when someone is searching for a page on your website.
The meta description is one of the most important pieces of content on your page. It’s the first thing a user sees when they click on the search results page and it can have a big impact on whether they click through to your site or not. It can also have a huge impact on how your site is ranked in the SERP. If you don’t have a good meta description, you’re missing out on a great opportunity to increase your organic traffic and improve your search rankings.
## Why do I Need to Write a Meta Descripton and How Does It Work?
When someone searches for a product or service on Google, they’ll be presented with a list of search results. At the top of the list is a snippet of text called the meta description. This is the first piece of content a user will see and it’d be a good idea to make it as interesting and informative as possible. This will encourage them to click on your site and read more about your products or services. It will also help your site rank higher in search results and increase your click through rate (CTR).
A meta description should be between 150 and 160 characters in length. It should describe the content of the page in a way that is interesting and relevant to the searcher. This means that it should be short, concise and to the point. The meta description will also be displayed on mobile devices, so it needs to be optimized for mobile as well as desktop.
You can use the Google Keyword Planner tool to find the most popular keywords for your business and use them in your meta description.
This meta description has been optimized for the keyword ‘good example’. It includes a link to the favicon, which is a small icon that is displayed in the address bar of a web browser. The favicon is used by search engines to determine the type of website the user is visiting. It also includes the keywords ‘well written’, ‘example’ and ‘short description’ which will help your page rank for these keywords in the future.
To find out more about meta descriptions and how they work, check out this article: How meta descriptions work.
## How do I Optimize my meta description?
The first thing you need to do is find out what keywords people are searching for on Google. This can be done by using the Google Keyword planner tool. You can also use the Google Adwords Keyword Tool to find out the keywords that people are using to search for your products and services. Once you know what keywords you want to target, you can then use them as the basis of your meta descriptions. Here are some tips to help you write effective meta descriptions:
– Keep it short and concise. Make sure you include the most relevant keywords in your description, but try not to go over the 160 character limit. You don’t need to use all of the keywords, but you do need to include at least one of them. If there are too many keywords, it will be difficult for the user to understand what your page is all about.
– Make sure it’s optimized for both desktop and mobile devices. If it’s too long, it won’t be displayed properly on a mobile device. You also need to make sure that the keywords are in the correct order. The first keyword should be at the beginning of the description, followed by the second keyword, then the third keyword, and so on. If the keywords aren’t in the right order, your page won’t rank as highly as it should.
– Include a call to action. This should be something like ‘Learn More’ or ‘Buy Now’ to encourage users to click through and visit your site. You could also include links to your social media profiles, your homepage, or any other pages on your web site that are relevant to your business.
## What Should I Include in my Meta Description?
There are a number of things that you should include in a meta description:
– Keywords: You should include as many keywords as you can. The more keywords you include, the more likely it is that your page will rank higher for those keywords. You should also try to include keywords that are closely related to your page content. For example, if you have a page about ‘how to build a website’ you could include ‘website builder’ as one of your keywords, as this is a relevant keyword for your page.
– Call to action: This is a button or link that encourages users to take some kind of action on your website. This could be to buy a product, sign up for a service, subscribe to a newsletter, or anything else. It’s important to include a link in the description as this will help to drive traffic to your website, which will in turn increase your chances of ranking for that keyword.